Monday, July 14, 2008

A mother prays that her son gets a prostitute?

Volume 2, Book 22, Number 297m:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "A woman called her son while he was in his hermitage and said, 'O Juraij' He said, 'O Allah, my mother (is calling me) and (I am offering) my prayer (what shall I do)?' She again said, 'O Juraij!' He said again, 'O Allah ! My mother (is calling me) and (I am offering) my prayer (what shall I do)?' She again said, 'O Juraij' He again said, 'O Allah! My mother (is calling me) and (I am offering) my prayer. (What shall I do?)' She said, 'O Allah! Do not let Juraij die till he sees the faces of prostitutes.' A shepherdess used to come by his hermitage for grazing her sheep and she gave birth to a child. She was asked whose child that was, and she replied that it was from Juraij and that he had come out from his hermitage. Juraij said, 'Where is that woman who claims that her child is from me?' (When she was brought to him along with the child), Juraij asked the child, 'O Babus, who is your father?' The child replied, 'The shepherd.' " (See Hadith No 662. Vol 3; No 645. Vol 4)

1) Why would any mother want her son to have sexual relations with prostitutes?
a) Wouldn't a mother rather her son meet a woman he could raise a family with?
b) Did this hadith implicitly state that a woman you can bring to your mom is a prostitute?

2) Did Juraij refuse the company of people in order to justify Mohammad's own desires of being alone?

Ishaq:105 "Aisha said that when Allah desired to honor Muhammad, the first sign of prophethood was a vision in brightness of day shown to him in his sleep. He liked nothing better than to be alone. When he left Mecca and there was no house in sight, every stone and tree that passed by said, 'Peace be unto you, Allah's Apostle.' Muhammad would turn around and see naught but trees and stones. He stayed seeing and hearing things as long as it pleased Allah. Then Gabriel came to him with the gift of Allah's grace while he was on Hira in the month of Ramadhan. The Apostle would pray in seclusion on Hira every year for a month to practice Tahannuth as was the custom of the Quraysh in the heathen days. [In other words, Muhammad was a heathen and the Islamic Pillar requiring Ramadhan fasting was pagan.] Tahannuth is religious devotion [to pagan idols]. After praying in seclusion, he would walk around the Ka'aba seven times.

3) Juraij came out of his hermitage because he was falsely accused.
a) Couldn't the sheppardess have chosen a better person to claim fatherhood?

4) How did O'Babus purposely go against the word of his mother?
a) Were Juraij's questions so powerful that he could convince this child to contradict his mom?

5) Who was Juraij?
a) Where did Mohammad learn of him?
b) Where was he mentioned in the Torah?

No comments: